Exterminator Groove Exterminator Groove

Wow, you nailed the Mario Kart aesthetic perfectly :P Very happy and jumpy, love it! Got a bit of Undertale "Ghost Dance" thrown in there for sure XD

LunacyEcho responds:

Aw man, I've listened to the Undertale soundtrack WAY too much, haha—maybe it shows here :P

Thanks for leaving a comment, ethan! And congrats again on getting so far in the ngadm :) :)

We Are Heroes We Are Heroes

Ho boy, after the second verse came in this just really took off. Solid guitar work, and the background piano was always a great variation. And then the vocals went perfectly on top of the track! Wonderful lyrics, quite an appeal to imagination hah. Mixing seemed a bit dark, but I think that is just a personal preference. Really liked the chord progression, drums helped carry the weight of the movement as well. Great great track, sold all-round! Good luck!

FinnMK responds:

Thanks for the kind comments! The mixing is definitely darker than I would normally do. I listened to a bunch of hard rock before mixing and mastering and I tried to capture some of the essence that goes into the best produced ones. That's why the kick is so heavy and punchy too.

Looking forward to yours!

Gladiolus Gladiolus

My gosh. The piano is beautiful, perfectly suited to follow the vocals with its own little melodies when it can. All your skillful inflections are a joy to listen too, and Elsie's vibrato is just perfect. But I think the biggest treat is the harmony between you two that carries on for the entire piece. Very nice job keeping the reverb present but not overbearing for both of your parts as well. Once you add in how great the mix sounds... I love it. Fantastic job!

etherealwinds responds:

Thank you Ethan. Alex's performance really added a lot to the sound of the piano. Elsie's voice is goooorgeous, one of my favourite voices. I'm super happy she agreed to be a part of this on such short notice. I'm not sure this will be enough to take me into the next round, having heard yours and johnfn's track, but either way, at least I'd be losing to a song like that!! Also, I won't have to face the dreaded unbeaten bassfiddlejones hehe!